The AIGA AVL Student Portfolio Review Week connects emerging designers with local design professionals. In 30-minute virtual consultations, participants will receive one-on-one guidance on their portfolios to help set them up for success.
Created specifically for students in graphic design, branding, UX/UI, animation and digital design, the AIGA AVL Portfolio Review Week is an incredible opportunity for future designers to hone their interview skills and seek advice as they continue to craft their portfolios.
As a bonus, by participating in the portfolio review you will be automatically entered to win a one-year free subscription to Adobe CC. The winner will be announced at the end of the Portfolio week.
Who should attend
The reviews are open to soon-to-be graduate students at the undergraduate & graduate levels, as well as recent grads with 0-2 years of work experience.
How it works
- Reviewers and reviewee pairs will be introduced via email and will coordinate a meeting time that works best for them.
- Pairs will meet during the Portfolio Review Week of April 25–29, 2022.
- Reviewees will present their work as if in a professional interview setting.
- Reviewers will provide honest, constructive feedback.
Students: we strongly recommend you reach out to your reviewer first after pairs are assigned. If you don’t hear from your reviewer in a timely manner, reach out to them! They may be waiting for you to take the initiative, just as an actual employer may do.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Have a personal one-on-one conversation with a leader in your industry
- Receive a professional and honest critique on your work and resume
- Practice your interview and presentation skills
- Build connections in the community
To apply, please fill out the form here. Registration ends April 18th.