AIGA Asheville: We are a group of professional badasses drawn together by shared values and a passion for design. We educate, elevate, and serve the creative community in order to make more money, meaning, and memories.
We are seeking dedicated and passionate individuals to join our Board and help shape the Asheville creative community. AIGA Asheville is run by an all-volunteer Board, and each committee is co-chaired by up to 2 Board Members. We thoroughly enjoy getting to know each other and working together. You are a good fit for our Board if you are motivated, proactive, communicative, have good time management and are a team player.
We are currently filling these rolls:
- Diversity & Inclusion Chairs
- Education Chairs
- Sponsorship Chairs
- Web chairs
- Community Outreach Chair
Board Members do not need to be designers, but should have an interest in supporting the creative community. You are welcome to apply if you are:
- A designer
- A creative in any form (artist, maker, producer, or crafter; photographer or videographer; marketer, strategist, developer, or writer; director or educator; etc!)
- A novice or a veteran in your craft
- A professional in a different industry with knowledge of or interest in design
Why should I join the Board?
Serving on the AIGA AVL Board of Directors is a unique opportunity to:
- Make connections in the larger creative community
- Learn new skills like event planning and public speaking
- Develop leadership and project management experience
- Have a lot of fun! Make new friends with other people who are passionate about the kind of work we do.
- Board members may also attend AIGA AVL events for free—so that’s a bonus!
Joining the Board is a 2-year commitment.
For Summer 2020 applicants, your term will begin September 2020 and end September 2022.
Select applicants considered for a position will be invited to interview with our Executive Committee.
The Asheville Chapter of AIGA is a new chapter. We are both tasked with and privileged to be a part of creating a direction and landscape for how this chapter serves and supports the creative community of Asheville. This is a commitment. We’re looking for people who want to engage, and give their time and talent to help shape this chapter for now and for future creatives.
Please thoroughly read the Board Roles and Responsibilities before applying.
The deadline to apply is September 1, 2020.